Wednesday, November 11, 2015

In defense of Bob Chipman aka moviebob

Bob Chipman is right now my favorite movie critic and pop culture pundit. For those of you who don't know who he is Bob is movie critic, video game commentator, and pop culture pundit. His current shows MovieBob Reviews and Really That Good are on his own youtube channel, along with his short-lived political show American Bob and the original 100+ episodes of The Game Overthinker. His 8 year stint with the Escapist produced two really great shows Escape to the Movies and The Big Picture available at the Escapist Movie youtube channel. His current work for screwattack.com includes The All-New Game Overthinker and In Bob We Trust. While I don't always agree with him (for instance the recent James Bond film Spectre I liked it and he didn't) but more often I do find myself agreeing more often than I don't, and even I don't agree with him I understand his point of view. I will say that on twitter Bob is very outspoken and that probably got him fired from the Escapist along with their pro-GamerGate stance that has pretty much ruined that site. And yeah he was pretty nasty with lot of those shit garling fuckwits (yeah I stole that from his Pixels review/rant) but so was I and a lot of others. In my honest opinion Bob has became an even greater film critic who is brutally honest with reviews now free of the Escapist his epic review/rant on Pixels has gotten over 2 million views on youtube. His new show In Bob We Trust which is spiritual successor to The Big Picture has gotten better. But yet Chipman is constantly pounded by other youtubers who don't agree with his reviews and political views and getting kind of annoying to be wanting to watch one his shows and keep getting shows that are so called "take downs" of his shows, like I care what some pop culture terrorist says or some moron who thinks his review on this movie was too harsh. The only thing I can say to them is: GET A LIFE. Chipman doesn't owe you a fucking debate, or response to your vids. I've never gotten a tweet back from him or a comment from him and I don't expect to anymore than I expect President Obama to call me. He's got a life why don't you shitheads get one of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment